Things to do in Penang – Penang’s top attractions!
Penang is a beautiful city, situated in the northwest of Malaysia and it is one of the favourite destination for foodies. But did you know that tourists also love to visit Penang to see its street art, beaches, museums, temples, historical landmarks and theme parks too? Here are some of the top things to do in Penang! Check out our ‘Penang Travel Guide’ to plan for your next trip.
- Batu Ferringhi Beach – located on the northwest coast of Georgetown, Batu Ferringhi is Penang’s most popular beach! You can go for parasailing, canoeing, wind surfing and try out other beach activities or simply relax and bask in the sun. If you would like to go for a massage or shopping, Batu Ferringhi also have a stretch of shops along the beach too! In the evening, the popular Batu Ferringhi night market will be set up, and you can indulge in mouth-watering aromatic street food while shopping for cheap stuff in the market.
- George Town – listed in UNESCO as a world heritage site, Penang’s capital city of Georgetown showcases the historical and cultural events in the form of art on the buildings. Many of George Town’s main streets have interesting graffiti on the buildings that were painted by the extremely talented Lithuanian artist, Ernest Zacharevic, along with a couple of the other local artists. You got to come and see some of these iconic street arts when you are in Penang!
- Places of worship – with Penang’s cultural diversity, you can find many religious places. Along your trip, you will pass by many mosques, churches and temples. Here are some of the more popular ones that you may want to visit such as the Kek Lok Si Temple, the Snake Temple, Khoo Kongi Temple, Wat Chayamangkalaram, and the Dharmikarama Burmese Temple.
- Theme Park – Escape Adventureplay is Penang’s most highly rated theme park. It is so much fun, and it caters for all ages! However, do not expect roller coaster or thrilling rides, but rather this interesting themed park reconnects you with nature! Click here to find out more about Escape Adventureplay! I bet you wouldn’t want to leave this theme park at the end of the day, because there are just so many fun activities to try out! You will love it!
- Gurney Drive – this popular shopping district is a paradise for all shoppers! Home to 2 of the top 3 shopping malls – Gurney Paragon and Gurney Plaza, get ready to shop till you drop!
If you are planning to go Penang for a holiday, these are some of the top things to do in Penang, so fill up your itenary with some of these recommended places of attractions and book a limousine and you are ready to go!
Other popular things to do in Penang