Singapore Zoo – The best things to do here
Singapore Zoo is home to around 2800 animals and featuring 11 zones, including the Frozen Tundra, Primate Kingdom, Treetop Trails and Wild Africa. Come on down to Singapore Zoo to visit the wildlife from these various habitats around the world.
The Singapore zoo provides exciting wildlife experiences with up-close encounters with the wildlife animals, which roam freely around their habitats. The Red River Hog, Lion, Pygmy Hippos, Gibbon, Sun Bear, Otter, Kangaroos, White Tigers and Elephants of Asia are some exhibits at the Singapore Zoo.
Feeding sessions and showtimes in Singapore Zoo
While you are walking around these exhibits, do not miss the feeding sessions and show times to catch the amazing personalities of these animals:
- Splash Safari Show. Get ready to be splashed and entertained by the mischievous, super adorable sea lion, who never fails to put a smile on the audiences’ face with its many antics. This show is located at the Shaw Foundation Amphitheatre, so be sure to come earlier if you want to get a good seat! There are 2 showtimes for this show, one at 10.30am and the other at 5pm.
- Elephants at Work and Play show: Watch these magnificent elephants show off their playful, yet charming side as they do tricks and play with their trainers. The venue of this show is at Elephants of Asia, and the showtimes are at 11.30am and 3.30pm everyday.
- Token Feeding: You can learn interesting facts about some of these animals during their feeding session with the keepers. You can even purchase food on-site to feed these animals yourself. Here are their feeding times:
- Elephant: 9.15am and 4.30pm
- Giraffe: 10.45am, 1.50pm and 3.45pm
- Hamadryas Baboon: 2.30pm and 5pm
- White Rhinoceros: 1.15pm
- Goat: 11.30am and 3.30pm at the Rainforest Kidzworld
Here are some of the feeding times of the other animals where you can see the trainers feed them:
- Crocodile: 4.45pm only on Sundays, at Sungei Buaya
- King Cobra: 2.15pm only on Sundays
- White Tiger (Check on-site)
- Frozen Tundra (Check on-site)
However, please note that the schedules of the feeding times are subject to changes, so look out for notices at the entrance or at the various exhibits.
For the little kids, Kidzworld is the perfect playground. There is a Kampung house which you can bring your kids to visit and experience Kampung life. There is also an Animal Friends Show where they can see their little pet friends display their talents. There is also a keepers corner where you can take your kids to groom and feed the falabellas, which are the smallest breed of horse in the world, similar to the size of a pony. There is also a splash zone where kids can have fun in this water playground!
With so much fun things to do and with over 2800 animals and 300 species of animals, don’t miss the opportunity to visit Singapore’s largest zoo!
Zoos to visit in Singapore
Jurong Bird Park
Other things to do in Singapore
Entertainment and Nightlife
Nature Parks and Trails
Arts, Historical and Heritage Trails