Kukup Island is a beautiful mangrove island located in Pontian district of Malaysia. This small fishing village built entirely on stilts. Kukup has attracted many tourists recently. There are so many activities to do in Kukup, including indulging in delicious seafood fare!
Here are some of the top things to do in Kukup:
1. National parks – the two main national parks are home to a diversity of flora and fauna which you can admire. Pulau Kukup – Johor National Park is one of the biggest un-inhabitated mangrove islands in the world. You can also visit the fish farms. The other national park in Kukup is Tanjung Piai National Park, which is a wetland park located at the southernmost tip.
2. Boardwalk – take a nature walk along an 800 meters long boardwalk that runs around the eastern part of the island. This one-hour walk will give you an amazing view of Kukup. At the end of the boardwalk is the Aery, a six storey high, approximately 30 meter tall tower. You have to climb to the top to admire a bird’s eye view of Kukup island along with the peace and tranquillity and the picturesque view of tree tops and neighbouring islands. If you are into bird watching, then don’t forget to bring along a binocular!
3. Indulge in scrumptious seafood – Kukup Island is very popular for its super fresh, delicious seafood that you can get at very reasonable prices. You have to try the seafood when you are here!
4. Shopping – Shop for local products like ikan bilis, belacan and salted fish at very reasonable prices
5. Boat ride – you should definitely take a boat ride to visit a kelong and experience the what it is like to be a fishing villager!
Kukup Island has lots of interesting things and fun activities for you and your family. Take a trip to Kukup Island to experience a fun-filled day today! Book a trip to Kukup in a private limousine today!