Desaru Attractions – Things to do in Desaru
Desaru is located about hundred kilometres away from Johor Bahru. It is famous for its clean and white sandy beaches, natural forest hiking treks, beautiful golf courses and exceptional attractions. With so many things to do, Desaru makes a perfect holiday destination for all.
If you are you planning a trip to Desaru, but you are not sure of what are some things you can do in Desaru? Then check out some of Desaru attractions here!
1. Desaru Beach
– This 25 kilometres stretch of gorgeous coastline, lined with casuarinas trees and white coarse sand is one of Desaru’s attractions. The beach provides a calm, soothing environment for those who simply want to relax and enjoy the sun and beach. For those who like to do some water sports, there are many water activities for you to try – like canoeing, swimming, fishing, banana boat, paragliding, jet ski riding and snorkeling, which you can rent here.
2. Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm
– This farm is home to thousands of saltwater crocodiles. You can learn about the crocodiles and watch the caretakers feed the hungry crocodiles, during the feeding session. Some of the crocs here are more than hundred years of age, and one of them is 155 years old! You can even touch and hold up the baby crocodiles if you dare! You do not need to worry, it will be very safe as their mouth will be tapped up.
3. Kota Tinggi Firefly Park
– This beautiful firefly park is one of Desaru’s top attractions that you got to see when you are here. The firefly boats will take you to the mangrove trees where you can watch the mesmerising view of the fireflies light up when the sky is dark.
– Gunung Panti is one of Desaru’s popular trekking destination. This hike is 531m high, and it is a simple to moderate difficulty hike. They are ideal for amateur trekkers and it takes about four hours to climb up and back down these beautiful hills. Along the hiking trail, you can see the Kota Tinggi waterfall and a large diversity of flora, which are really beautiful to admire – look out for a star shaped flower along the trek.
5. Golf courses
– The lush green golf courses in Desaru is one of Desaru attractions. there are four golf courses in Desaru – Changi Golf Club, The Els Club, Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort and Tanah Merah Country Club. All these golf courses are of international standards and cater to professionals and amateur golfers.
In addition to the above Desaru attractions you can also visit the ostrich farm, Desaru’s fruit farm and indulge in some durian buffet! Although Desaru is a small place, but it definitely has many attractions worth visiting! Book a trip to Desaru today!
Here are some popular attractions in Desaru
Desaru Fruit Farm
Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm
Kota Tinggi Firefly Park
Other things to do in Desaru